Caring for your wood cutting board is an important part of getting a lifetime of use from it. The good news caring for your cutting board is simple.
A cutting board even protected can still absorb moisture.
Never put your wood cutting board in the dishwasher.
Never leave your cutting board in a sink of water when washing. Washing/disinfecting is fine just not leaving it in the sink.
How to protect your wood cutting board
1) Clean the cutting board well with soap and water.
2) You never want to let the cutting board soak in water.
3) Wipe the cutting board dry.
4) Make sure the cutting board is thoroughly dry before applying oil. Recommend waiting 24 hours.
5) Apply food grade mineral oil using a clean, soft cloth or paper towel evenly over the entire cutting board.
6) Let dry at least two hours preferably overnight.
7) Your cutting board is now protected. Depending on the amount of use, recommend completing this every 2-6 months. You will notice the cutting board looking dry if you wait too long but will bounce and look great when treated.
Caring for your All-T Things -Woodworking.com cutting bo an important part of getting a lifetime of use from it. The good news caring for your cutting board is simple.ple.imple.mple.ple.